Books on Child Development, Parenting, and Education
- Aeppli, Willi Rudolf Steiner – Education and the Developing Child
- Baldwin, Rahima – You are Your Child’s First Teacher (Check out Rahima Baldwin’s article on Waldorf Education in Mothering Magazine.)
- Bruno Bettleheim – The Uses of Enchantment; On Reading
- Carroll, Lee and Tober, Jan – The Indigo Children
- Coloroso Barbara – Kids are Worth it! Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline
- Dyer, Wayne – What do you Really Want for your Children?
- Egan Keiran – Imagination in Teaching and Learning; The Educated Mind
- Elkind, David – The Hurried Child; All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go; Miseducation
- Gatto, John Taylor – Dumbing Us Down
- Gardner Howard – Frames of Mind; The Unschooled Mind; Multiple Intelligences
- Goleman Daniel – Emotional Intelligence
- Hannaford, Carla – Smart Moves: Why Learning Is Not All in Your Head
- Harrison, Steven – The Happy Child, Changing the Heart of Education
- Healy, Jane – Endangered Minds; Your Child’s Growing Mind; Failure to Connect
- Large, Martin – Who’s Bringing Them Up?
- Lievegoed, Bernard – Phases of Childhood: growing in body, soul and spirit
- Miller, John – The Holistic Curriculum
- Miller, Ron (ed) – Educational Freedom for a Democratic Society: A Critique of National Educational Goals, Standards, and Curriculum
- Moore, Raymond and Dorothy – Better Late Than Early; School Can Wait
- Palmer, Parker – To Know as We Are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey
- Pearce, Joseph Chilton – Magical Child; Evolution’s End; The Biology of Transcendence
- Postman, Neil – Amusing Ourselves to Death
- Schwartz, Eugene – Waldorf Education: Schools for the 21st Century
- Winn, Marie – Children Without Childhood; The Plug -in Drug; Unplugging the Plug-in Drug
Websites on Child Development, Education, and Waldorf Education
- The Alliance for Childhood. This site promotes policies and practices that support children’s healthy development, love of learning, and joy in living.
- The Association of Waldorf Schools in North America
- Waldorf Answers is a private site providing answers about Waldorf education.
- The Online Waldorf Library
- Waldorf Today
- AWSNA’s Online Bookstore
- Spirit Working through Anthroposophy
- Anthroposophical Society in America
- Anthroposophical Society – NS
- Rudolf Steiner Archive
In the Media
Below is a list of some links to articles that have been in the media about child development and about Waldorf education.